Where do you even begin when planning a solo trip? Where should you go, how should you prep, how are you going to field all of those inevitable questions that will come your way when you tell people about your plans? Let’s talk about saving up, staying safe, and making the most of your time abroad, whether it’s a week, a month, a year, or a lifetime! Click the links below for the corresponding blog posts and guides.
- Solo Female Travel: Everything You Need to Know
- Why Every Women Should Travel Alone
- 20 (Unexpectedly) Awesome Destinations for Solo Female Travelers
- 31 Safety Tips for Solo Female Travelers from the Experts
- 17 Perfect Destinations for First-time Solo Female Travelers
- Traveling Solo: My 10 Best Tips
- Camping Solo: Everything You Need to Know
- Hiking Solo: Ready This Before You Go
- How to Plan A Trip in 7 Steps
- How to Gently Tell Someone You’d Rather Travel Alone
- What is Dating Like for Women Who Travel
- 15 Best Places to Travel with A Broken Heart
- Is it Okay to Travel Without My Partner?
- Is Solo Traveling Lonely?
- The Truth About Naysayers
- 13 Things to Remember When You Land in A New Country
- Why Traveling Alone As A Woman is Safer than Staying Home
- What to Do When Things Go Wrong When You Solo Travel
- Why Traveling Lows Are So Lows (And How to Fix Them)
- 25 Things I Wish I’d Known Before Traveling Solo
BMTM Solo Travel Guides
The best places to go and the best way to wander there solo can vary from region to region, country to country. How is solo traveling in Southeast Asia different than in Europe, or Africa? These guides from a panel of experts can help you figure it out!
What to Bring
What should you pack in order to stay warm, cool off, and be comfortable wherever you go? How can you pack like a minimalist without sacrificing style? How can you take amazing photos of your travels, immortalizing them forever? Girl, I’ve got you covered!
Women Like You
Women from around the world, of all backgrounds and ages, travel solo. These are the stories of solo female travelers who might be just a little, or a lot, like you.
- Non-millennial women who travel solo
- Women in relationships explain why they travel solo
- 10 Solo female travelers explain how they saved up to travel
- Muslim solo female travelers share their stories
- She is traveling to all countries in the world
- A single mother who travels solo
- She chooses travel over marriage and kids
- An adventurous female hitchhiker