What's your pleasure? Multi-day and multi-week backpacking/hiking/trekking trips, SCUBA diving, hitchhiking, camping, animal adventures, road trips, or all of the above?
I've done them all and written comprehensive guides for active vacations all over the world. Keep fit while you travel and take it to the extremes of landscape, perseverance, and adrenaline:
Take a Hike
Do you want to take on a day hike in South Africa or the challenge of a multi-week trek in Patagonia or Nepal? I've hiked on just about every continent on earth, and here are the things I've learned to help you do the same:
- Tips for trekking Nepal's Annapurna Circuit
- 10 Hikes in Patagonia you seriously need to experience!
- Mt. Rinjani, Mt. Bromo, and Kawah ijen volcano trekking tips in Indonesia
- The best hikes in South Africa
The World's Best Camping
There's no better place to sleep than under the stars, am I right? That kind of freedom and closeness to nature is the butter to my bread, and with experience camping pretty much everywhere, I've got you covered:
With nearly 150 dives under my belt all over Asia and Africa, these are the best of the best for viewing gorgeous reef, sealife, and the big things like whale sharks and Manta Rays!
- Komodo National Park in Indonesia - Mantas, dragons, and amazing reef
- Sipadan in Malaysian Borneo - world class diving with sharks and huge schools of fish
- Zanzibar in Africa - super clear blue water
- The Blue Hole in Belize
- Tofo, Mozambique - Whale sharks!
- The Maldives
- The best diving in the Philippines
Want to get the heart rate up and your blood pumping? Check out these activities all around the world from jumping out of planes in Namibia to hitting the slopes in the Alps.
It can be tough to exercise on the road, I know, so here are some tips to help you keep your fitness levels up even when you're traveling: