Welcome to travel resources, this page is designed to make your trip planning a breeze, whether it's a vacation or a complete lifestyle change. These tips will help you figure out where to go, how to budget it, how to document it, what to bring, and how to maximize it. Regardless of where you are in your planning phase, these tips will add peace of mind and travel hacks from the combined experience of the writers of this site and those I've learned firsthand as well.
The following are my top tips after over five years of consecutive solo travel all over the world. These budget guides, packing lists, and informational posts are designed to answer every question you may have about traveling to any part of the world. If you're looking for the full story, click here to visit the archives or here for the best of the blog.
Planning Your Trip
Where in the world would suit you best? Do you want tropical beaches, snowy mountains, sandy deserts with clear starry skies or something else entirely? It all comes down to your budget, what you want to experience, and what suits your timing and interests best. These guides can help you get there:
Choosing a Destination:
- How I Plan my Travels in 19 Easy Steps
- What does it cost to travel the world? Every region broken down here
- Guides for Every Destination I've Been to
- Iceland Ring Road
- Pacific Coast Highway, California
- The American Southwest
- Southern Germany
Before you go:
- Budgeting, planning, and savings tips are all included in the Solo Female Traveler's Handbook
- How to Handle Healthcare and Immunizations
- How to Sell a Household of Furniture on Craig's List in One Week
Are you traveling to a warm climate? Are you traveling to a cold climate? Are you hoping to pack as lightly as possible? Here are my top tips on what to bring and what to ditch.
One of the most enjoyable parts of the trip of a lifetime is documenting it, at least for me. Photography has motivated me to wake up for more sunrises, to fall in love with the night sky, to catch more sunsets, and to travel to more remote corners of the globe in search of beautiful photo ops. For me, it's part of the adventure! Here's how to get amazing photos to bring back home.
The Biz Side: How to Blog
How can you live a similar lifestyle? What does it take to run a travel blog on the road? These are my top tips and recommendations for starting your own blog, plus a few historical looks back at my own growth story.
The Best Adventures
After five years of traveling on six out of seven continents on this glorious planet, these are the most incredible adventures I've had. Whether it was the two months I spent in Patagonia or the weeks I spent on the beach in Mozambique, these are the adventures that stuck with me the most, and that I want to recommend to you!
- Camping on Iceland's Ring Road
- The Best of Patagonia - The Top 10 Hikes
- Hitchhiking through Patagonia
- Hitchhiking through China
- A full guide to Mozambique
- Road Tripping through South Africa
- The Annapurna Circuit and Sanctuary Treks
- 8 Days in the Alaskan Backcountry
- Solo rappelling and hiking in Coyote Gulch, Utah