- Current location: Nomadic
- Number of countries visited: 8
- Number of solo trips: 20+
- Number of languages spoken: English, some Russian and a tiny bit of Spanish
- Other specialities: yoga teacher, USCG captain, sailing seamstress, creative writer, poet, children’s author and illustrator
- Best travel advice: pack light!
- Favorite travel product of all times: gorilla pod
More About Nicole
Nicole Edwards is a solo female sailor who has been sailing her whole life and traveling solo for over ten years. After cruising on a sailboat from age four to eight, she raced dinghies or keelboats all the way through college.
Nicole graduated from Barnard College of Columbia University with a BA in Russian Regional Studies, and found ways to afford solo trips to Russia, Ukraine, Germany and Poland with little more than $1300 and basic fluency in the Russian language. After college, she decided to buy her own boat and has since sailed the Florida Keys and the northern Caribbean on a 26’ Columbia with an outboard on the transom. She upgraded to a 28’ Bristol Channel Cutter when she arrived in the Dominican Republic.
Nicole knows sailing to be a very affordable way to see the world and live sustainably. She shares all the fun and hard times of the cruising life on her YouTube Channel, Sailing Artha.
Read More from Nicole:
About Be My Travel Muse
Be My Travel Muse is one of the most-read solo female travel blogs in the world, with over 5 million annual readers. With thousands of itineraries, destination guides and solo female travel tips, Be My Travel Muse strives to help women around the world travel adventurously and fearlessly. Kristin Addis, the main writer and photographer, has been solo traveling for over 10 years, to over 65 countries, and has brought over 150 women on her all-female adventure tours from Botswana to the Alaskan tundra.