- Current location: United States
- Number of countries visited: 63
- Number of solo trips: Over 100
- Number of languages spoken: One well, one okay, and several badly.
- Other specialties: Writing about family travel on Parenthoodadventures.com
- Best travel advice: Don’t wait, just go, even if you have to go alone! You’ll discover a new side of yourself and build up more confidence than you ever thought possible.
- Favorite travel product of all time: Packing cubes!
More About Kristin
Kristin Addis is a solo female travel expert who has been solo traveling for over 11 years, visiting over 60 countries by herself. She started Be My Travel Muse in late 2012 after buying a one-way ticket to Bangkok and taking off alone with nothing but a carry on backpack.
Since then, she has shared tips, stories, and itineraries to help other travelers have safer, more adventurous travels.
She grew up in Southern California and attended the University of California, Santa Barbara where she graduated with honors. Following that, she spent a year at National Taiwan Normal University studying Mandarin, followed by four years working in mergers and acquisitions before quitting to start this blog – her ultimate dream.
Read More From Kristin
About Be My Travel Muse
Be My Travel Muse is one of the most-read solo female travel blogs in the world, with over 5 million annual readers. With thousands of itineraries, destination guides and solo female travel tips, Be My Travel Muse strives to help women around the world travel adventurously and fearlessly. Kristin Addis, the main writer and photographer, has been solo traveling for over 10 years, to over 65 countries, and has brought over 150 women on her all-female adventure tours from Botswana to the Alaskan tundra.